How’s your state doing?
NCHS now has an easy way for you to check out where your state stands on a variety of health measures compared with the nation as a whole and other states, including the following:
- Mortality from leading causes of death
- Birth data, including births to unmarried mothers, teen births, cesarean deliveries, low birthweight births, prenatal care, and preterm births
- Households using only wireless phones
- Infant mortality rates
- Marriage and divorce rates
- Percentage of people under 65 without health insurance
To use this tool, click on the image below.
This entry was posted on Wednesday, December 16th, 2009 at 6:13 pm and is filed under Births, Cancer, chronic kidney disease, Deaths, diabetes, divorce rate, Influenza, leading causes of death, Marriage and Divorce, marriage rate, National Center for Health Statistics, National Health Interview Survey, single mothers, State data, uninsured, unmarried childbearing, Vital Statistics System, wireless phone usage. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
I’m thrilled to have discovered this blog, and I love the new Stats by State. I was curious: Are there plans to offer this info in another format like XML, etc.? I could see people (developers) doing a lot of neat mashups, correlations, etc. with this type of information.
We hope to always keep improving the data we disseminate. This is just the first step.